How does eToro choose the top ranked traders?
The rankings are based on total gain or winning ratio. We use several different filters and criteria to rank our top traders. Filters include, but are not limited to the following and may differ for different time periods selected:
- Minimum number of positions opened or closed for a time period
- Minimal winning ratio for a period
- Number of days/weeks which the investor was active (had at least one open position)
- Minimal average position duration
- Maximum ratio of high leveraged trades
- Maximum leverage amount placed in a single trade
- Minimal total investment for the period
We are continuously improving our ranking algorithms and therefore, our ranking criteria may change from time to time. If you want to keep up with our product updates please follow our blog. If you believe you should have been ranked and don’t see your name on the list you are more than welcome to contact us.