How much does eToro charge to hold a trade over the weekend?
Beginning 15 June 2014 we have implemented a new Fees structure, switching from Over the Weekend Fees to the industry standard of Daily Rollover Fees/Credits .
Overnight Rollover fees are the industry standard, and better reflect the supply and demand forces driving the market.
With Overnight Rollover fees, the fees are charged according to the direction of a given position (different fees for buy and sell positions, even if they’re on the same instrument) and in some instances, this means that you can get money back.
Since there is no rollover charge or credit for Saturday and Sunday, the fees for these two days are applied on Fridays for stocks and indices, and on Wednesdays for other asset classes. On the aforementioned days, you will be charged or credited the regular fee multiplied by 3.
For more information click Here.
Questions and Answers:
1. Will I be charged the new overnight fees on positions that I have opened prior to this change?
Yes. We will stop charging the Carry Over the Weekend fees that currently exist and will begin charging the daily overnight fees. Therefore, any position carried over from June 16th, will be charged an overnight fee.
2. When will the overnight fees be charged?
The fees will be charged at 17:00 New York time (21:00 GMT). The fees will be charged for any position open at this time.
3. How will I be able to see the overnight fees that will be charged?
You will be able to see the complete list of fees that we charge in the fees section of our website. Additionally, when you manually open a position, it will show in the confirmation window that opens prior to placing the trade.
4. Are there overnight fees on commodities, stocks, or indices?
We charge overnight fees* on all instruments with the exception of non-leveraged Buy positions on stocks, cryptocurrencies and ETFs. Please note that rollover charges can be either a fee or a credit, depending on the instrument being traded and the direction of the position. The daily fee/credit will be multiplied threefold for positions carried over Wednesday nights. For stocks and indices, the fee/credit is tripled on Friday.
*Fees are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
5. How will I be able to see how much I received or paid?
You will be able to view the fees and rebates in your account statement
6. Will you be taking the overnight fee from the position or from the account balance?
For manual traders, we will be taking the overnight fee from the account balance. For CopyTrade position, we will be taking the fee from the available copy balance.
7. What if I do not have enough money in my account balance?
The system will charge the fee from the balance as detailed in question #6. If you do not have available funds, it will create a negative balance.
8. Will I be able to carry my trade over the weekend with 1:400 leverage?
9. Will I be able to carry my trade overnight with 1:400 leverage?
10. Are Rollover fees subject to change?
Yes. As market conditions change, we will evaluate if changes need to be made to the fees that we charge. The full list of up to date rates can be consulted on our Fees page.