To edit the Stop Loss at any time while the trade is open:
- Click on the relevant trade in your Portfolio to open the Edit Trade window.
- Click on ‘Stop Loss’. If there is currently no Stop Loss and you wish to add one, click ‘Set SL’.
- Choose between ‘Amount’ or ‘Rate’.
- Type an amount or rate, or use the + and - buttons.
- Click ‘Update’ to save the change.
It is possible to extend your Stop Loss beyond the maximum Stop Loss allowed when opening a trade. In this case, we debit funds from your available balance as part of our Maintenance Margin feature, which acts as an additional safety net for your trade.